- Everything that Anne Lamott has learned: I’ve been reading Bird by Bird recently (it’s great) and heard about this list she did of everything she had learned to date (apparently thinking about her grandson). I copied a bit below but the full post can be found here.
- Some, ok many, facts about the world I didn’t know: The NYTimes published a list of their favorite facts from the past year. Fascinating.
- A new inspiration for drawing practice: I’m starting up a habit of drawing regularly (like writing) and my friend recommended Gris and Norm’s Tuesday Tips. Check out their tumblr and Instagram, very cool. I’m going to follow their weekly tips for a few months and see where it goes. I started on Saturday.
- A good reminder about your responsibility and owning your story: This video from The Fresh Prince is great. “Fault and responsibility do not go together”.
- A good quote: “Whatever you are, be a good one.”– Abraham Lincoln
There is great pride, quality and art to be found in all occupations.